N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- A Formula of type 'Save - Perform Action' is created on the Connection entity
- The triggering event is the 'Create'
- When a new connection is created the N52 Formula will check if the connected entities are an Opportunity and a System user
- If yes then the Formula will then create a PostFollow record connecting the System User and the Opportunity
*Note: During testing sometimes the Record1 was the Opportunity and Record2 was the SystemUser, sometimes it was the other way around. Therefore we created the formula to work regardless of which entity was assigned to
N52 Formula Manager Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - Perform Action'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Connection'
- Set the Event to 'Create'
- Copy and paste the formula below into the formula
- Click save and test
Note: if you are testing this on your own user account - make sure to refresh the Opportunity after the save in order to confirm that you are now following the opportunity.
If([connection.record2objecttypecodename] = 'Opportunity' and [connection.record1objecttypecodename] = 'Systemuser', CreateRecord('postfollow', SetAttributeLookup('regardingobjectid', 'opportunity', [connection.record2id]), SetAttributeLookup('owninguser', 'systemuser', [connection.record1id])), If([connection.record2objecttypecodename] = 'Systemuser' and [connection.record1objecttypecodename] = 'Opportunity', CreateRecord('postfollow', SetAttributeLookup('regardingobjectid', 'opportunity', [connection.record1id]), SetAttributeLookup('owninguser', 'systemuser', [connection.record2id])), 'NoOp') )
Did you know?
You can create customized buttons to trigger complex business rules
North52's Decision Suite has functionality that we call Quick Buttons that allows you to place buttons on a form which when clicked will trigger a North52 Formula. The business rule logic could be as simple as triggering a workflow or a much more complex process which involves many actions - the full power of the North52 business rules engine for Dynamics 365 can be used.
The button's themselves can be subject to business rules, that show/hide, activate/deactivate or and/or change labels. This is configured using Decision Tables allowing complex decision logic to drive the button options that are presented to users.