N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- A Formula of type 'Save - Perform Action' is created on the Connection entity
- The triggering event is the 'Create'
- When a new connection is created the N52 Formula will check if the connected entities are an Opportunity and a System user
- If yes then the Formula will then create a PostFollow record connecting the System User and the Opportunity
*Note: During testing sometimes the Record1 was the Opportunity and Record2 was the SystemUser, sometimes it was the other way around. Therefore we created the formula to work regardless of which entity was assigned to
N52 Formula Manager Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - Perform Action'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Connection'
- Set the Event to 'Create'
- Copy and paste the formula below into the formula
- Click save and test
Note: if you are testing this on your own user account - make sure to refresh the Opportunity after the save in order to confirm that you are now following the opportunity.
If([connection.record2objecttypecodename] = 'Opportunity' and [connection.record1objecttypecodename] = 'Systemuser', CreateRecord('postfollow', SetAttributeLookup('regardingobjectid', 'opportunity', [connection.record2id]), SetAttributeLookup('owninguser', 'systemuser', [connection.record1id])), If([connection.record2objecttypecodename] = 'Systemuser' and [connection.record1objecttypecodename] = 'Opportunity', CreateRecord('postfollow', SetAttributeLookup('regardingobjectid', 'opportunity', [connection.record1id]), SetAttributeLookup('owninguser', 'systemuser', [connection.record2id])), 'NoOp') )