In this scenario the customer had the following business requirement: Phone calls should only be scheduled at 9 am, 12 noon, 3 pm and 6 pm and not use the out of the box feature which allows for user defined input.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this:
- A formula of type 'Save - Perform Action' set up on the Phone Call entity
- The formula retrieves the date portion of the phone call Due date
- It then converts it to Local time (in this case GMT +1) resulting in 1 am.
- Finally it adds the required hours to match the chosen value in the VisitTime Optionset**
North52 Decision Suite Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula:
- Add a new Optionset field to the Phonecall called 'Visit Time'
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - Perform Action'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Phonecall'
- Set the Mode to 'Server Side' and the Event to 'Create & Update'
- Set the Source Property of the Formula to the newly created 'Visit Time' field
- Configure the Due field as shown below
- Copy and paste the formula below into the formula
- Click save and test
AddHours( LocalTimeFromUtcTime(GetDateOnly([phonecall.scheduledend])), Case([phonecall.new_visittime], When('100000000'), Then ('8'), When('100000002'), Then ('11'), When('100000001'), Then ('14'), When('100000003'), Then ('17'), Default('0')) )
Visit Time field
Did you know?
Decision Tables Simplify Complex Logic
Decsion Tables allow you manage complex business logic without code. Key features include:
- Simple visualization in a compact table format
- Promotes grouping of rules in a single table
- Business logic can be controlled by domain experts
A Decision Table represents multiple related business rules by using conditions, actions and data values in a spreadsheet-style table. The Decision Table uses columns for the conditions and actions of the rules and rows to represent the associated data values.