In this scenario the customer had the following business requirement: Phone calls should only be scheduled at 9 am, 12 noon, 3 pm and 6 pm and not use the out of the box feature which allows for user defined input.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this:
- A formula of type 'Save - Perform Action' set up on the Phone Call entity
- The formula retrieves the date portion of the phone call Due date
- It then converts it to Local time (in this case GMT +1) resulting in 1 am.
- Finally it adds the required hours to match the chosen value in the VisitTime Optionset**
N52 Formula Manager Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula:
- Add a new Optionset field to the Phonecall called 'Visit Time'
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - Perform Action'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Phonecall'
- Set the Mode to 'Server Side' and the Event to 'Create & Update'
- Set the Source Property of the Formula to the newly created 'Visit Time' field
- Configure the Due field as shown below
- Copy and paste the formula below into the formula
- Click save and test
AddHours( LocalTimeFromUtcTime(GetDateOnly([phonecall.scheduledend])), Case([phonecall.new_visittime], When('100000000'), Then ('8'), When('100000002'), Then ('11'), When('100000001'), Then ('14'), When('100000003'), Then ('17'), Default('0')) )
Visit Time field
Did you know?
North52 helps Insurance Providers manage complex rules in their Dynamics 365 systems
The North52 Decision Suite helps insurance professionals manage the thousands of rules that form insurance approval, rate and commission calculations. Our easy to use, point and click interface allows for quick updating of rules by knowledgeable insurance analysts without programming experience. We assist in processes such as:
- Task checklists
- Quote calculations
- Product configuration
- Claims handling