In this scenario the customer had the following business requirement: Phone calls should only be scheduled at 9 am, 12 noon, 3 pm and 6 pm and not use the out of the box feature which allows for user defined input.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this:
- A formula of type 'Save - Perform Action' set up on the Phone Call entity
- The formula retrieves the date portion of the phone call Due date
- It then converts it to Local time (in this case GMT +1) resulting in 1 am.
- Finally it adds the required hours to match the chosen value in the VisitTime Optionset**
North52 Decision Suite Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula:
- Add a new Optionset field to the Phonecall called 'Visit Time'
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - Perform Action'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Phonecall'
- Set the Mode to 'Server Side' and the Event to 'Create & Update'
- Set the Source Property of the Formula to the newly created 'Visit Time' field
- Configure the Due field as shown below
- Copy and paste the formula below into the formula
- Click save and test
AddHours( LocalTimeFromUtcTime(GetDateOnly([phonecall.scheduledend])), Case([phonecall.new_visittime], When('100000000'), Then ('8'), When('100000002'), Then ('11'), When('100000001'), Then ('14'), When('100000003'), Then ('17'), Default('0')) )
Visit Time field
Did you know?
North52 Decision Suite works with vanilla Common Data Service instances
The North52 Decision Suite works with Common Data Service instances which have not had any Microsoft 1st Party apps applied (Field Service, Customer Service, Sales Enterprise, etc). This means you can use our no-code advance business rules engine in your custom Model Driven and Canvas Power Apps!
It is the same solution which has been powering Microsoft Dynamics 365 CR/CE for many years. You get a mature, robust solution with proven capabilities (over 500 functions) that allows you to build complex decision logic for use in your custom apps.