In this scenario we needed the ability to create and open an appointment directly from a lead in CRM using a North52 Quick Button on the form. The screenshot below shows how this button would appear on the lead form.
This sample involves taking the existing North52 Quick Button html file web-resource and enhancing it so that when the meeting gets the Quick Button will open the newly created appointment record.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- A formula of type 'ClientSide Calculation' is created to perform the desired action
- A North52 Quick Button is placed on the Lead form **
- When the button is clicked the formula will execute
- After execution the Quick Button will open the newly created appointment record
** Instructions on how to add the button to the form are at this link.
N52 Formula Manager Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula
- Create a new formula of type 'ClientSide Calculation'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Lead'
- Set the Mode to 'Client Side'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula
- Click save & test
CreateRecord('appointment', SetAttribute('activitytypecode', '4201'), SetAttribute('description', 'Reminder Meeting with Client'), SetAttributeLookup('regardingobjectid', 'lead' ,[lead.leadid]), SetAttribute('scheduledstart', AddHours(UtcDateTime(),1)), SetAttribute('scheduledend', AddHours(UtcDateTime(),2)), SetAttribute('subject', 'Follow up on Sales Lead!'), SetAttributePartyList('requiredattendees', 'systemuser',WhoAmI()) )
Please see article at this link for instructions on how to set up the quick button which will trigger this formula.
Wizard - Add Hours
Please see below the wizard you can use to create the AddHours() function call used in this formula. If you are replicating the formula manually, we advise using this wizard.
Note you will need to type into Input Date the formula UtcDateTime()