When comments are entered as part of a Dialog Process the comments are stored in the Comments field of the Process Session record. If you want to automatically store the comments elsewhere you would need to write a plugin, however with North52 BPA it is a simple formula to create a Note on the Contact once the Process Session has completed.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- A formula of type 'Save - Perform Action' is created and set to run on the Update event of the Comments field for the Process Session entity
- When the Comments field is updated at the end of a Process Session, the formula executes and creates a Note for the Contact containing the comments
N52 Formula Manager Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula:
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - Perform Action'
- Set the Event picklist to 'Update' (the comments field is only updated at the end of the process session)
- Set the Source Entity to 'Process Session'
- Set the Source Property to 'Comments'
- Copy and paste the formula below into the formula
- Click Save
CreateNote('Comments from dialog: ' + [processsession.processidname], 'contact', [processsession.regardingobjectid], [processsession.comments])