When comments are entered as part of a Dialog Process the comments are stored in the Comments field of the Process Session record. If you want to automatically store the comments elsewhere you would need to write a plugin, however with North52 BPA it is a simple formula to create a Note on the Contact once the Process Session has completed.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- A formula of type 'Save - Perform Action' is created and set to run on the Update event of the Comments field for the Process Session entity
- When the Comments field is updated at the end of a Process Session, the formula executes and creates a Note for the Contact containing the comments
N52 Formula Manager Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula:
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - Perform Action'
- Set the Event picklist to 'Update' (the comments field is only updated at the end of the process session)
- Set the Source Entity to 'Process Session'
- Set the Source Property to 'Comments'
- Copy and paste the formula below into the formula
- Click Save
CreateNote('Comments from dialog: ' + [processsession.processidname], 'contact', [processsession.regardingobjectid], [processsession.comments])
Did you know?
North52's Decision Suite has over 60 functions specifically for Client Side business rules
With over 60 functions for implementing client side business rules, North52 is likely to meet any of your client side specific requirements. From simple rules for showing and hiding form elements to complex rules for changing the way users work with Business Process Flows, the North52 business rules engine for Dynamics 365 has you covered.