When comments are entered as part of a Dialog Process the comments are stored in the Comments field of the Process Session record. If you want to automatically store the comments elsewhere you would need to write a plugin, however with North52 BPA it is a simple formula to create a Note on the Contact once the Process Session has completed.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this,
- A formula of type 'Save - Perform Action' is created and set to run on the Update event of the Comments field for the Process Session entity
- When the Comments field is updated at the end of a Process Session, the formula executes and creates a Note for the Contact containing the comments
North52 Decision Suite Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula:
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - Perform Action'
- Set the Event picklist to 'Update' (the comments field is only updated at the end of the process session)
- Set the Source Entity to 'Process Session'
- Set the Source Property to 'Comments'
- Copy and paste the formula below into the formula
- Click Save
CreateNote('Comments from dialog: ' + [processsession.processidname], 'contact', [processsession.regardingobjectid], [processsession.comments])
Did you know?
You can create customized tiles to highlight KPIs or Next Best Actions to end users
North52's Decision Suite has functionality that we call Quick Tiles that allows you to present Key Performance Indicators, Next Best Actions, or any other information to users in a tile format on a form.
The tiles are easily configured using Decision Tables allowing complex decision logic to drive the information displayed to users. Tiles are clickable enabling users to take action from the tiles.