In this scenario when an Appointment is created and the regarding object is of type Lead whose status reason is 'New' we want to change this status reason to 'Meeting Arranged'.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this,
- A formula of type 'Save Perform Action' is created
- It is configured so that each time an appointment is created it will execute
- It checks to ensure its regarding object type is Lead and its status reason is 'New'
- If the conditions are met it will set the Lead status to a custom status of 'Meeting Arranged'
North52 Decision Suite Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula
- Create a new formula of type 'Save Perform Action'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Appointment'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula editor
- Click save
- You are now ready to test
if ([appointment.regardingobjectidtype] = 'lead' and FindValue('lead', 'leadid', [appointment.regardingobjectid], 'statuscode') = 1, UpdateRecord('lead', [appointment.regardingobjectid], SetAttributeStatus(0,217537376) ), 'NoOp' )
Wizard - FindValue
Please see below the wizard you can use to create the FindValue() function call used in this formula.
Note to find the value for Equals Value, you will need to go to the Source tab and search for "regarding"
Did you know?
Decision Tables Enable Responsive Businesses
You can make, test, and deploy changes to decision logic without software development. Rather that waiting weeks or months for internal or external developers to make needed updates and changes, they can be made by business analysts as they are needed.
Decision Tables within the North52 Decision Suite provide a business-friendly representation of the decision logic so that business analysts can define how the decisions are made. As you define your decision, you can test and validate the decision approach and when ready, deploy the decision logic to your production instance.