In this scenario when an Appointment is created and the regarding object is of type Lead whose status reason is 'New' we want to change this status reason to 'Meeting Arranged'.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this,
- A formula of type 'Save Perform Action' is created
- It is configured so that each time an appointment is created it will execute
- It checks to ensure its regarding object type is Lead and its status reason is 'New'
- If the conditions are met it will set the Lead status to a custom status of 'Meeting Arranged'
North52 Decision Suite Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula
- Create a new formula of type 'Save Perform Action'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Appointment'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula editor
- Click save
- You are now ready to test
if ([appointment.regardingobjectidtype] = 'lead' and FindValue('lead', 'leadid', [appointment.regardingobjectid], 'statuscode') = 1, UpdateRecord('lead', [appointment.regardingobjectid], SetAttributeStatus(0,217537376) ), 'NoOp' )
Wizard - FindValue
Please see below the wizard you can use to create the FindValue() function call used in this formula.
Note to find the value for Equals Value, you will need to go to the Source tab and search for "regarding"
Did you know?
Decision Tables Simplify Complex Logic
Decsion Tables allow you manage complex business logic without code. Key features include:
- Simple visualization in a compact table format
- Promotes grouping of rules in a single table
- Business logic can be controlled by domain experts
A Decision Table represents multiple related business rules by using conditions, actions and data values in a spreadsheet-style table. The Decision Table uses columns for the conditions and actions of the rules and rows to represent the associated data values.