In this scenario when an Appointment is created and the regarding object is of type Lead whose status reason is 'New' we want to change this status reason to 'Meeting Arranged'.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- A formula of type 'Save Perform Action' is created
- It is configured so that each time an appointment is created it will execute
- It checks to ensure its regarding object type is Lead and its status reason is 'New'
- If the conditions are met it will set the Lead status to a custom status of 'Meeting Arranged'
N52 Formula Manager Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula
- Create a new formula of type 'Save Perform Action'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Appointment'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula editor
- Click save
- You are now ready to test
if ([appointment.regardingobjectidtype] = 'lead' and FindValue('lead', 'leadid', [appointment.regardingobjectid], 'statuscode') = 1, UpdateRecord('lead', [appointment.regardingobjectid], SetAttributeStatus(0,217537376) ), 'NoOp' )
Wizard - FindValue
Please see below the wizard you can use to create the FindValue() function call used in this formula.
Note to find the value for Equals Value, you will need to go to the Source tab and search for "regarding"
Did you know?
North52 helps you automatically test Dynamics 365 projects
North52's TestShield helps you test Dynamics 365 projects:
- FASTER - Our no code solution delivers automated CRM project testing faster
- EASIER - Simple to use point-and-click interface to build simple or complex testing plans
- SMARTER - Lower your project risk and slash ongoing costs with automated process testing