In this scenario we needed the ability to have a button placed on the Marketing List form that would remove all contact members from the current marketing list. The screenshot below shows how this button would appear on the form.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this,
- A formula of type 'ClientSide Calculation' is created to perform the desired action
- A North52 Quick Button is placed on the Marketing List form **
- When the button is clicked the formula will execute
** Instructions on how to add the button to the form are at this link.
North52 Decision Suite Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula
- Create a new formula of type 'ClientSide Calculation'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Marketing List'
- Set the Mode to 'Client Side'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula
- Click save & test
ForEachRecord( FindRecords('listmember', 'listid', ToString(FindValue('list', 'listname', [list.listname] , 'listid')), 'entityid'), DisAssociateEntities('list', FindValue('list', 'listname', [list.listname], 'listid'), 'contact' , CurrentRecord('entityid'), 'listcontact_association') )
Configuration of the HTML WebResource 'Quick Button' on the Marketing List form
Wizard - DisAssociateEntities
Please see below the wizard you can use to create the DisAssociateEntities() function call used in this formula.
Note to find the value for Entity Name Left , you will need to search for "Marketing " .
For Record ID Left , please copy and paste "FindValue('list', 'listname', [list.listname], 'listid') "
For Record ID Right , please copy and paste "CurrentRecord('entityid')"
Did you know?
North52 helps Government (federal and state) departments with complex rules in their Dynamics 365 systems
Public sector organizations frequently deal with large user bases and complex rules and routings. The North52 Decision Suite helps government orgnizations with Dynamics 365 manage processes like:
- Case Management - task checklists, routing, prioritization and approval
- Eligibility checks for applications/enrollment
- Licensing administration