In this scenario we have a Sales Manager who is on the road a lot and uses the Dynamics 365 tablet application on his IPad a lot. The requirement he wanted was to have simple button placed on the Account entity that when clicked would,
- Retrieve all contacts for that Account
- Generate a follow-up phone call for each contact due in the next 7 days
- The phone call should be owned by the same owner of the Account
- The phone number on the contact needs to be copied down into the Phone Call entity
- The subject line needs the date with a specific format
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this,
- A formula of type 'ClientSide Calculation' is created to perform the desired action
- A North52 Quick Button is placed on the Account form **
- When the button is clicked the formula will execute
** Instructions on how to add the button to the form are at this link.
North52 Decision Suite Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula
- Create a new formula of type 'ClientSide Calculation'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Account'
- Set the Mode to 'Client Side'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula
- Click save & test
ForEachRecord( FindRecords('contact', 'parentcustomerid', [account.accountid], SetFindSelect('contactid', 'telephone1') ), CreateRecord('phonecall', 1, SetAttribute('subject', 'Follow-up Phone Call : ' + ToString(AddDays(LocalDate(), 7) , 'MMM-dd-yy' )), SetAttributePartyList('from', 'systemuser', WhoAmI()), SetAttributePartyList('to', 'contact', CurrentRecord('contactid')), SetAttribute('phonenumber', CurrentRecord('telephone1', '') ), SetAttributeLookup('regardingobjectid', 'account' , [account.accountid] ), SetAttributeLookup('ownerid', 'systemuser' , [account.ownerid] ), SetAttribute('description', 'Get them to sign up to our new service' ), SetAttribute('scheduledstart', AddDays(UtcDate(), 7) ), SetAttribute('scheduledend', AddDays(UtcDate(), 7) ) ) )
Wizard - FindRecords
Please see below the wizard you can use to create the FindRecords() function call used in this formula.
Note to find the value for Equals Value, you will need to go to the Source tab and search for "account"
Wizard - AddDays
Did you know?
You can create customized tiles to highlight KPIs or Next Best Actions to end users
North52's Decision Suite has functionality that we call Quick Tiles that allows you to present Key Performance Indicators, Next Best Actions, or any other information to users in a tile format on a form.
The tiles are easily configured using Decision Tables allowing complex decision logic to drive the information displayed to users. Tiles are clickable enabling users to take action from the tiles.