In this scenario we have a Sales Manager who is on the road a lot and uses the Dynamics CRM tablet application on his IPad a lot. The requirement he wanted was to have simple button placed on the Account entity that when clicked would,
- Retrieve all contacts for that Account
- Generate a follow-up phone call for each contact due in the next 7 days
- The phone call should be owned by the same owner of the Account
- The phone number on the contact needs to be copied down into the Phone Call entity
- The subject line needs the date with a specific format
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- A formula of type 'ClientSide Calculation' is created to perform the desired action
- A North52 Quick Button is placed on the Account form **
- When the button is clicked the formula will execute
** Instructions on how to add the button to the form are at this link.
N52 Formula Manager Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula
- Create a new formula of type 'ClientSide Calculation'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Account'
- Set the Mode to 'Client Side'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula
- Click save & test
ForEachRecord( FindRecords('contact', 'parentcustomerid', [account.accountid], SetFindSelect('contactid', 'telephone1') ), CreateRecord('phonecall', 1, SetAttribute('subject', 'Follow-up Phone Call : ' + ToString(AddDays(LocalDate(), 7) , 'MMM-dd-yy' )), SetAttributePartyList('from', 'systemuser', WhoAmI()), SetAttributePartyList('to', 'contact', CurrentRecord('contactid')), SetAttribute('phonenumber', CurrentRecord('telephone1', '') ), SetAttributeLookup('regardingobjectid', 'account' , [account.accountid] ), SetAttributeLookup('ownerid', 'systemuser' , [account.ownerid] ), SetAttribute('description', 'Get them to sign up to our new service' ), SetAttribute('scheduledstart', AddDays(UtcDate(), 7) ), SetAttribute('scheduledend', AddDays(UtcDate(), 7) ) ) )
Wizard - FindRecords
Please see below the wizard you can use to create the FindRecords() function call used in this formula.
Note to find the value for Equals Value, you will need to go to the Source tab and search for "account"
Wizard - AddDays
Did you know?
North52 has a powerful distributed cache for advanced decision logic
xCache allows you to configure and scale your Dynamics 365/CRM applications running On-Premise or Online. It allows dynamic system configuration and removes performance bottlenecks related to data storage. xCache provides Dynamics 365/CRM with an extremely fast and scalable distributed cache to power your advanced decision logic.
xCache in Dynamics CRM lets you cache static application data, and also load dynamic cache items for applications running in a single or multi-server configuration.