In this scenario we need the ability to display a warning message on the Case entity if Active contracts exist for the Customer associated with the Case record.
The screenshot below shows an example of what the end-user would see if there were active contracts for the Customer 'Adventure Works (sample)'.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- We create a formula that executes on the client-side when ever the Customer field on the Case entity changes and when the form first loads
- We use the FindCount() function to check if any active contracts exist
- And if so we display a warning message to the user as a Form notification
- Otherwise we show nothing
N52 Formula Manager Steps
- Create a new formula of type 'ClientSide - Perform Action'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Case'
- Set the Mode to 'Client-Side'
- Set the Source Property to 'Customer' on the desired forms & also select 'OnLoad'. (Use Ctrl key to multi-select)
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula description field
- Click save
- On the Command Bar click 'N52 Commands - Publish Formula'
- You are ready to test
if( FindCount('contract', SetFindAnd('customerid', 'statecode') , SetFindAnd([incident.customerid], 2) , 'contractid', '0') > 0 , SetFormNotification('Active contracts exists for this customer', 'WARNING', 'msg'), ClearFormNotification('msg') )
Wizard - SetFormNotification
Did you know?
You can create advanced rules for model driven app navigation (ribbon) buttons
North52's Decision Suite has functionality that we call Quick Ribbon that allows you associate a North52 Formula with a Ribbon button for model driven apps.
You can execute advanced business logic using the North52 business rules engine for Dynamics 365. Scenarios include:
- Click button to clone a record
- Click button to execute a Formula for multiple records in a grid
- Use Formula logic to enable/disable or show/hide a button