In this scenario we need the ability to display a warning message on the Case entity if Active contracts exist for the Customer associated with the Case record.
The screenshot below shows an example of what the end-user would see if there were active contracts for the Customer 'Adventure Works (sample)'.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this,
- We create a formula that executes on the client-side when ever the Customer field on the Case entity changes and when the form first loads
- We use the FindCount() function to check if any active contracts exist
- And if so we display a warning message to the user as a Form notification
- Otherwise we show nothing
North52 Decision Suite Steps
- Create a new formula of type 'ClientSide - Perform Action'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Case'
- Set the Mode to 'Client-Side'
- Set the Source Property to 'Customer' on the desired forms & also select 'OnLoad'. (Use Ctrl key to multi-select)
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula description field
- Click save
- On the Command Bar click 'N52 Commands - Publish Formula'
- You are ready to test
if( FindCount('contract', SetFindAnd('customerid', 'statecode') , SetFindAnd([incident.customerid], 2) , 'contractid', '0') > 0 , SetFormNotification('Active contracts exists for this customer', 'WARNING', 'msg'), ClearFormNotification('msg') )
Wizard - SetFormNotification
Please see below the wizard you can use to create the SetFormNotification() function call used in this formula.
Did you know?
North52's Decision Suite can help enhance Dynamics Business Process Flows
Sometimes business processes are more complicated and have significant permutations that are not easily managed with the out-of-the-box Business Process Flow (BPF) functionality. With North52 Decision Tables you can create rule dependent task checklists for each BPF stage and not allow users to progress until your rule criteria has been met.