In this business scenario we have a situation where support staff are responding to Cases via Email. The requirement is that any emails created in the system that are regarding a Case whose first 3 characters of the Case Number equals 'CAS' needs to default the 'From' field on the email to the support email address for the company.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this,
- A formula is created to execute on the Create of an email
- It first checks to see if the regarding field has any data
- If yes, then it checks that its a Case record
- If yes, then it lookups up the ID (ticketnumber) of the Case & check that the first 3 characters are 'CAS'
- If they are then it sets the 'From' field on the email to the 'North52 Support' queue
North52 Decision Suite Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - Perform Action'
- Set the Event to 'Create'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Email'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula
- Click save & test
if(ContainsData([email.regardingobjectid]) and [email.regardingobjectidtype] = 'incident' and StartsWith(FindValue('incident', 'incidentid', [email.regardingobjectid], 'ticketnumber'), 'CAS'), UpdateRecord('email', [email.activityid], SetAttributePartyList('from', 'queue', FindValue('queue', 'name','North52 Support','queueid')) ) ,'NoOp')
Wizard - FindValue
Did you know?
We listen to customer feedback!
Although our business rules engine for Dynamics 365 has over 500 functions, sometimes you'll come across a requirement for which we don't provide a specific function for. Let us know the details and our team will be happy to review your requirement or suggestion and either provide a solution from our existing toolset or look to enhance our product to meet your requirements.