In this business scenario we have a situation where support staff are responding to Cases via Email. The requirement is that any emails created in the system that are regarding a Case whose first 3 characters of the Case Number equals 'CAS' needs to default the 'From' field on the email to the support email address for the company.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- A formula is created to execute on the Create of an email
- It first checks to see if the regarding field has any data
- If yes, then it checks that its a Case record
- If yes, then it lookups up the ID (ticketnumber) of the Case & check that the first 3 characters are 'CAS'
- If they are then it sets the 'From' field on the email to the 'North52 Support' queue
N52 Formula Manager Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - Perform Action'
- Set the Event to 'Create'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Email'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula
- Click save & test
if(ContainsData([email.regardingobjectid]) and [email.regardingobjectidtype] = 'incident' and StartsWith(FindValue('incident', 'incidentid', [email.regardingobjectid], 'ticketnumber'), 'CAS'), UpdateRecord('email', [email.activityid], SetAttributePartyList('from', 'queue', FindValue('queue', 'name','North52 Support','queueid')) ) ,'NoOp')