In this business scenario we have a situation where support staff are responding to Cases via Email. The requirement is that any emails created in the system that are regarding a Case whose first 3 characters of the Case Number equals 'CAS' needs to default the 'From' field on the email to the support email address for the company.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this,
- A formula is created to execute on the Create of an email
- It first checks to see if the regarding field has any data
- If yes, then it checks that its a Case record
- If yes, then it lookups up the ID (ticketnumber) of the Case & check that the first 3 characters are 'CAS'
- If they are then it sets the 'From' field on the email to the 'North52 Support' queue
North52 Decision Suite Steps
The following set of steps outline how to create this Formula
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - Perform Action'
- Set the Event to 'Create'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Email'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula
- Click save & test
if(ContainsData([email.regardingobjectid]) and [email.regardingobjectidtype] = 'incident' and StartsWith(FindValue('incident', 'incidentid', [email.regardingobjectid], 'ticketnumber'), 'CAS'), UpdateRecord('email', [email.activityid], SetAttributePartyList('from', 'queue', FindValue('queue', 'name','North52 Support','queueid')) ) ,'NoOp')
Wizard - FindValue
Please see below the wizard you can use to create the FindValue() function call used in this formula.
Note 1: to find the value for the Entity, you need to search for "Case" , not "Incident".
Did you know?
North52 helps streamline complex healthcare processes
Healthcare providers are no strangers to complex processes and rules. Patients expect efficient and seamless service.
The North52 business rules engine helps healthcare providers implement complex rules in their Dynamics 365 systems quickly and without code. The rules are easily modified, tested and deployed as regulations and requirements change.