In this scenario we need to capture the description field that is entered when a Case is Resolved & move it on to a field on the Case entity. This allows us to perform much easier Advanced Finds on the Case to find out how the case was resolved.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
A formula is created which executes on the Create of a Case Resolution record
It uses the incidentid field to lookup what Case needs to be updated
It updates the Case with the description on the Case Resolution entity
N52 Formula Manager StepsThe following set of steps outline how to create this Formula
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - To Parent'
- Set the Event to 'Create'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Case Resolution'
- Set the Relationship to 'incidentid (incident)'
- Set the Target Property to 'Case Resolution Description'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula
- Click save & test
Did you know?
TestShield Makes Test Automation a First Class Citizen in Dynamics 365
Test automation principles leads to improved communication, reliability and teamwork as you enhance the ever changing business processes. The team members need to roll out change requests on the existing system and build new applications making automated testing very important.Top 3 Benefits of Dynamics 365 Automated Testing:
- Validated Business Processes: Dynamics 365 Automated Testing provides a robust approach to validate the business rules and process requirements of Dynamics 365 solutions
- Better Engagement: Dynamics 365 Automated Testing ensures that end users get top-class user experience
- Faster Delivery Time: Dynamics 365 Automated Testing assures fast delivery time by leveraging automation
The growing number of Dynamics applications that are being developed continuously presents a major challenge for Dynamics 365 testing. With such fast development, organizations need to ensure that these applications are thoroughly and constantly tested before being deployed.
Learn how TestShield helps automate testing in your Dynamics 365 projects