In this scenario the business requirement is that when a user sets a boolean field 'Credit Check Contacts' to true on the Account record it will execute a workflow on each active associated contact record.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- A formula is created which executes whenever the 'Credit Check Contacts' field changes
- The formula first checks to see if the field is set to true
- If so it retrieves all the related active contacts
- It loops over the contacts & executes the 'ProcessCreditCheck' workflow for each contact
N52 Formula Manager Steps
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - Perform Action'
- Set the Event to 'Update'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Account'
- Set the Source Property to 'Credit Check Contacts'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula description field & click save
- You are ready to test
if([account.new_creditcheckcontacts] = true, ForEachRecord( FindRecords('contact', SetFindAnd('parentcustomerid', 'statuscodecode'), SetFindAnd([account.accountid], '1'), 'contactid'), ExecuteWorkflow('ProcessCreditCheck', CurrentRecord('contactid')) ) )
Wizard - FindRecords
Did you know?
You can Connect to 1000s of Web Services as part of your Decision Logic
When your advanced business rules and complex logic requries that you integrate with other systems North52's Web Fusion functionality can help. It enables two-way data communication between your Dynamics 365/CRM system and another service or application.