In this scenario the business requirement is that when a user sets a boolean field 'Credit Check Contacts' to true on the Account record it will execute a workflow on each active associated contact record.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- A formula is created which executes whenever the 'Credit Check Contacts' field changes
- The formula first checks to see if the field is set to true
- If so it retrieves all the related active contacts
- It loops over the contacts & executes the 'ProcessCreditCheck' workflow for each contact
N52 Formula Manager Steps
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - Perform Action'
- Set the Event to 'Update'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Account'
- Set the Source Property to 'Credit Check Contacts'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula description field & click save
- You are ready to test
if([account.new_creditcheckcontacts] = true, ForEachRecord( FindRecords('contact', SetFindAnd('parentcustomerid', 'statuscodecode'), SetFindAnd([account.accountid], '1'), 'contactid'), ExecuteWorkflow('ProcessCreditCheck', CurrentRecord('contactid')) ) )
Wizard - FindRecords