In this scenario the business requirement is that when a user sets a boolean field 'Credit Check Contacts' to true on the Account record it will execute a workflow on each active associated contact record.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this,
- A formula is created which executes whenever the 'Credit Check Contacts' field changes
- The formula first checks to see if the field is set to true
- If so it retrieves all the related active contacts
- It loops over the contacts & executes the 'ProcessCreditCheck' workflow for each contact
North52 Decision Suite Steps
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - Perform Action'
- Set the Event to 'Update'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Account'
- Set the Source Property to 'Credit Check Contacts'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula description field & click save
- You are ready to test
if([account.new_creditcheckcontacts] = true, ForEachRecord( FindRecords('contact', SetFindAnd('parentcustomerid', 'statuscodecode'), SetFindAnd([account.accountid], '1'), 'contactid'), ExecuteWorkflow('ProcessCreditCheck', CurrentRecord('contactid')) ) )
Wizard - FindRecords
Did you know?
You can easily schedule recurring processes or CRM record updates
Every business has recurring processes and tasks that need to be done on repeatable and scheduled basis. Microsoft Dynamics 365 users are often surprised to learn that it is difficult to achieve using standard functionality. The North52 Scheduler makes it easy to trigger workflows and/or advanced business logic for specific entity records on a scheduled basis.
Key features include:
- Create Recurring Schedules within Dynamics CRM
- Powerful Record Targeting - easily create queries to target a specific set of records
- High Performance - can process 100,000+ records on a scheduled basis
- Execute Workflow/Action or Update Entities
- Native to Dynamics 365