In this scenario the business requirement is that when a user sets a boolean field 'Credit Check Contacts' to true on the Account record it will execute a workflow on each active associated contact record.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this,
- A formula is created which executes whenever the 'Credit Check Contacts' field changes
- The formula first checks to see if the field is set to true
- If so it retrieves all the related active contacts
- It loops over the contacts & executes the 'ProcessCreditCheck' workflow for each contact
North52 Decision Suite Steps
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - Perform Action'
- Set the Event to 'Update'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Account'
- Set the Source Property to 'Credit Check Contacts'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula description field & click save
- You are ready to test
if([account.new_creditcheckcontacts] = true, ForEachRecord( FindRecords('contact', SetFindAnd('parentcustomerid', 'statuscodecode'), SetFindAnd([account.accountid], '1'), 'contactid'), ExecuteWorkflow('ProcessCreditCheck', CurrentRecord('contactid')) ) )
Wizard - FindRecords
Did you know?
North52's Data Packager helps move Portal configuration data between instances
North52 Data Packager can be used to easily manage the transport of portal data from one instance to another. Specifically for Dynamics/PowerApps Portals, we provide templates that let you quickly move all portal entity data with ease. You can move whole sites or only the records you specify, either manually or via FetchXML queries.
And, because we use the Solution framework for the export and import of Data Packager data, you can easily version each data package. This is especially useful if you need to build up a new dev/test portal to a specific version – just apply and execute the Data Packages you need.