This business scenario requires us to build a set of dependent pick-lists between the option sets below. We need it so if the continent 'Europe' is selected then all the Country pick-list values are filtered to just countries in Europe. Following that if 'Ireland' is selected as a country then the City pick-list needs to be filtered to all the cities in Ireland.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this,
- A formula is setup to execute whenever the Account form loads or the Continent pick-list changes.
- The formula checks to see what Continent has been selected
- It then sets the corresponding values in the country pick-list
- The same set of steps can be used to setup a similar formula on the Country pick-list for filtering cities
- So there will be a ripple\cascading effect on the pick-lists
North52 Decision Suite Steps
These steps assume you have setup & populated your own set of pick-lists. Note the pick-list values in the sample formula will need to be changed to reflect your values. The steps below are just for the Continent pick-list so a similar set of steps are required for the Country pick-list.
- Create a new formula of type 'ClientSide - Perform Action'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Account'
- Set the Source Property to 'OnLoad & Continent'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula description field & click save
- Click 'N52 Commands' -> 'Publish Formula'
- You are now ready to test
Case([account.new_continentname], When('Europe'), Then (SetPicklistValues('new_country', false, 100000010,100000011, 100000012,100000013, 100000014,100000015, 100000016,100000017)), When('North America'), Then (SetPicklistValues('new_country', false, 100000020,100000021, 100000022,100000023, 100000024,100000025, 100000026,100000027)), When('South America'), Then (SetPicklistValues('new_country', false, 100000030,100000031, 100000032, 100000033, 100000034,100000035, 100000036,100000037)), When('Africa'), Then (SetPicklistValues('new_country', false, 100000040,100000041, 100000042,100000043, 100000044,100000045, 100000046,100000047)), When('Asia'), Then (SetPicklistValues('new_country', false, 100000050,100000051, 100000052,100000053, 100000054,100000055, 100000056,100000057)), When('Oceania'), Then (SetPicklistValues('new_country', false, 100000060,100000061, 100000062,100000063, 100000064,100000065, 100000066,100000067)), Default( SetPicklistValues('new_country', true, 1)) )