In this scenario the business requirement is that whenever a Phone Call record is created in the system we need to look at who (Account \ Contact) is being called & take the text on its description field and place into the description field of the Phone Call. This makes sure that the latest notes are always on the Phone Call.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this,
- The formula executes when the Phone Call gets created
- It retrieves the first party in the 'To' field
- Depending on whether the party is an Account or a Contact it then looks up the appropriate description field
- This retrieved description is placed into the description field of the Phone Call
North52 Decision Suite Steps
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - To Current Record'
- Set the Event to 'Create'
- Set the Source Entity to 'PhoneCall'
- Set the Source Property to 'All Properties'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula description field & click save
- You are ready to test
Case(GetPartyListItemType([phonecall.to], 0), When('account'), Then ( FindValue('account', 'accountid', GetPartyListItemId([phonecall.to], 0), 'description', '') ), When('contact'), Then ( FindValue('contact', 'contactid', GetPartyListItemId([phonecall.to], 0), 'description', '') ) )
Did you know?
North52 TestShield allows rigorous regression testing of your Dynamics 365 system in-sprint
As well as being scheduled, or triggered from build pipelines, TestShield automated tests can be triggered manually for a quick mid-sprint regression test. This allows for quick testing of alternative ways to implement a requirement and measure the impact on existing processes.
It's quick to clone an existing test and try variations without affecting the original test set up too.