In this scenario the business requirement is that whenever a Phone Call record is created in the system we need to look at who (Account \ Contact) is being called & take the text on its description field and place into the description field of the Phone Call. This makes sure that the latest notes are always on the Phone Call.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- The formula executes when the Phone Call gets created
- It retrieves the first party in the 'To' field
- Depending on whether the party is an Account or a Contact it then looks up the appropriate description field
- This retrieved description is placed into the description field of the Phone Call
N52 Formula Manager Steps
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - To Current Record'
- Set the Event to 'Create'
- Set the Source Entity to 'PhoneCall'
- Set the Source Property to 'All Properties'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula description field & click save
- You are ready to test
Case(GetPartyListItemType([phonecall.to], 0), When('account'), Then ( FindValue('account', 'accountid', GetPartyListItemId([phonecall.to], 0), 'description', '') ), When('contact'), Then ( FindValue('contact', 'contactid', GetPartyListItemId([phonecall.to], 0), 'description', '') ) )
Did you know?
North52's Decision Suite can help enhance Dynamics Business Process Flows
Sometimes business processes are more complicated and have significant permutations that are not easily managed with the out-of-the-box Business Process Flow (BPF) functionality. With North52 Decision Tables you can create rule dependent task checklists for each BPF stage and not allow users to progress until your rule criteria has been met.