In this scenario the business requirement is that whenever a Phone Call record is created in the system we need to look at who (Account \ Contact) is being called & take the text on its description field and place into the description field of the Phone Call. This makes sure that the latest notes are always on the Phone Call.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this,
- The formula executes when the Phone Call gets created
- It retrieves the first party in the 'To' field
- Depending on whether the party is an Account or a Contact it then looks up the appropriate description field
- This retrieved description is placed into the description field of the Phone Call
North52 Decision Suite Steps
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - To Current Record'
- Set the Event to 'Create'
- Set the Source Entity to 'PhoneCall'
- Set the Source Property to 'All Properties'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula description field & click save
- You are ready to test
Case(GetPartyListItemType([phonecall.to], 0), When('account'), Then ( FindValue('account', 'accountid', GetPartyListItemId([phonecall.to], 0), 'description', '') ), When('contact'), Then ( FindValue('contact', 'contactid', GetPartyListItemId([phonecall.to], 0), 'description', '') ) )
Did you know?
North52 helps you automatically test Dynamics 365 projects
North52's TestShield helps you test Dynamics 365 projects:
- FASTER - Our no code solution delivers automated CRM project testing faster
- EASIER - Simple to use point-and-click interface to build simple or complex testing plans
- SMARTER - Lower your project risk and slash ongoing costs with automated process testing