N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- A calculated field (custom html webresource) is added to the Contact form named 'Age'
- This calculated field executes a formula
- The formula calculates the Age
N52 Formula Manager Steps
- Create a new formula of type 'Calculated Field'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Contact'
- Set the Display Format to 'String'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula description field & click save
- Click 'N52 Commands' & then choose 'Publish Formula'
Add Calculated Field to Form
- Open the Contact form in design mode
- Add the HTML WebResource to the form named 'north52_html_calculated_field_shortcodes_2013'
- Set the remainder of the fields as shown below
- Note the 'Custom Parameter' will need to be the shortcode on your formula
- On the formatting tab ensure it is set to 1 row, & no border
if(ContainsData([contact.birthdate]), DateDiffDescription([contact.birthdate], UtcDate(), 'd'), 'NoOp')
Wizard - DateDiff
Did you know?
There are a number of different ways North52 business rules can be used in Dynamics 365
- Via API from another application. This allows a customized application to separate its rules so that they can be maintained outside of custom code.
- In processes that loop over a collection of records - on Schedule or in real-time.
- As a step in a Workflow, Custom Action, Business Process Flow or a Power Automate Flow.
- Making forms more interactive. Visibility, validation, real time data updating is all provided by the North52 rule engine.
- Security functions to restrict or open access to records.
- ...and many more!