In this scenario the business requirement is that when a user opens an Account record we need to check if the Send Marketing materials field has been set to 'Yes' & if so start a dialog process so the user can send out the marketing materials.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this,
- The formula executes in the OnLoad() event of the form
- It checks to see if we should start the dialog process
- If so it starts the process
- At the end of the process it resets the Send Marketing field so it won't execute the Dialog the next time the record opens
North52 Decision Suite Steps
- Create a new formula of type 'ClientSide - Perform Action'
- Set the Event to 'Update'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Account'
- Set the Source Property to 'OnLoad'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula description field & click save
- Click 'N52 Commands' & then choose 'Publish Formula'
- You are ready to test
if([account.donotsendmm] = false, ExecuteDialog('SendMarketing'), 'NoOp')
Wizard - ExecuteDialog
Did you know?
You can easily schedule recurring processes or CRM record updates
Every business has recurring processes and tasks that need to be done on repeatable and scheduled basis. Microsoft Dynamics 365 users are often surprised to learn that it is difficult to achieve using standard functionality. The North52 Scheduler makes it easy to trigger workflows and/or advanced business logic for specific entity records on a scheduled basis.
Key features include:
- Create Recurring Schedules within Dynamics CRM
- Powerful Record Targeting - easily create queries to target a specific set of records
- High Performance - can process 100,000+ records on a scheduled basis
- Execute Workflow/Action or Update Entities
- Native to Dynamics 365