In this scenario the business requirement is that when a user opens an Account record we need to check if the Send Marketing materials field has been set to 'Yes' & if so start a dialog process so the user can send out the marketing materials.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- The formula executes in the OnLoad() event of the form
- It checks to see if we should start the dialog process
- If so it starts the process
- At the end of the process it resets the Send Marketing field so it won't execute the Dialog the next time the record opens
N52 Formula Manager Steps
- Create a new formula of type 'ClientSide - Perform Action'
- Set the Event to 'Update'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Account'
- Set the Source Property to 'OnLoad'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula description field & click save
- Click 'N52 Commands' & then choose 'Publish Formula'
- You are ready to test
if([account.donotsendmm] = false, ExecuteDialog('SendMarketing'), 'NoOp')