In this scenario the business requirement is that when a user opens an Account record we need to check if the Send Marketing materials field has been set to 'Yes' & if so start a dialog process so the user can send out the marketing materials.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this,
- The formula executes in the OnLoad() event of the form
- It checks to see if we should start the dialog process
- If so it starts the process
- At the end of the process it resets the Send Marketing field so it won't execute the Dialog the next time the record opens
North52 Decision Suite Steps
- Create a new formula of type 'ClientSide - Perform Action'
- Set the Event to 'Update'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Account'
- Set the Source Property to 'OnLoad'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula description field & click save
- Click 'N52 Commands' & then choose 'Publish Formula'
- You are ready to test
if([account.donotsendmm] = false, ExecuteDialog('SendMarketing'), 'NoOp')
Wizard - ExecuteDialog
Did you know?
North52 Decision Suite helps organizations in all Industries
The North52 Decision Suite allows organizations to manage and automate the many decisions found in your processes. North52 helps:
- Automate costly and repetitive decisions
- Monitor and improve the quality of decisions
- Ensure consistency
- Enable fast response to change
All organizations in all industries can benefit from software that automate decisions related to risk, compliance, and configuration.