Note: Microsoft have deprecated the functionality demonstrated in this article. Please use the xRM Sample #106 for translations.
In this scenario we have a company with a HQ office in the USA & regional offices in France. The users of the CRM system in France need to enter their notes about the Account record in French and so this needs to be translated to English which is the global language for the company.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- We create a formula that executes whenever the Local Description field changes
- When this happens we send its details to the Microsoft Translate Web-Service
- The web-service returns the text translated to English
- This result is put into the Global Description field
N52 Formula Manager Steps
The following set of steps will set this formula up for you.
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - To Current Record'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Account'
- Set the Event to 'Create & Update'
- Set the Source Property field to 'Local Description'
- Set the Target Property to 'Global Language'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula description field
- Click Save
- Ready to test.
if( ContainsData([account.localdescription]), Translate([account.localdescription], 'en'), 'NoOp')