In this scenario our business requirement is to validate that the Estimated Close Date on the Opportunity record cannot be set to a date before the create date.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this,
- We create a formula that fires on the create & update events of the Opportunity entity
- The formula needs to execute on the client-side (i.e. when user tabs out of date field)
- The formula needs to execute on the server-side (i.e. if importing a CSV file, or via a 3rd party integration, etc.)
- We set the Mode to Client Side & Server Side to meet the above requirements.
- When the formula executes it makes the date comparison & if it fails shows an error message
North52 Decision Suite Steps
- Create a new formula of type 'Validation'
- Set the Event field to just 'Create & Update'
- Set the Mode field to 'Client Side & Server Side'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Opportunity'
- Set the Source Entity Property 'Est. Close Date'
- Click 'N52 Commands -> Toggle Advanced View' and change the pick-list field 'Stage' to have the value 'Post-Operation'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula description field & click save
- You are ready to test
if( [opportunity.createdon] > [opportunity.estimatedclosedate], 'You cannot have an estimated close date before the create date', 'NoOp')
Did you know?
You can easily add powerful business logic to Dynamics Portals
North52 Business Process Activities provides the ability to easily configure and execute business rules on Dynamics Portals Entity Forms.
We make it very easy for you to configure simple or complex logic that changes the behaviour of the form:
- Show/hide fields
- Show/hide sections
- Set fields required/not required
- Show/hide notifications
- Set field values