In this scenario our business requirement is to validate that the Estimated Close Date on the Opportunity record cannot be set to a date before the create date.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- We create a formula that fires on the create & update events of the Opportunity entity
- The formula needs to execute on the client-side (i.e. when user tabs out of date field)
- The formula needs to execute on the server-side (i.e. if importing a CSV file, or via a 3rd party integration, etc.)
- We set the Mode to Client Side & Server Side to meet the above requirements.
- When the formula executes it makes the date comparison & if it fails shows an error message
N52 Formula Manager Steps
- Create a new formula of type 'Validation'
- Set the Event field to just 'Create & Update'
- Set the Mode field to 'Client Side & Server Side'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Opportunity'
- Set the Source Entity Property 'Est. Close Date'
- Click 'N52 Commands -> Toggle Advanced View' and change the pick-list field 'Stage' to have the value 'Post-Operation'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula description field & click save
- You are ready to test
if( [opportunity.createdon] > [opportunity.estimatedclosedate], 'You cannot have an estimated close date before the create date', 'NoOp')