In this business scenario you have a requirement that whenever a user opens an Account record or a user changes the category of a customer that you check the value of outstanding Invoices for that customer. And if the value is more than 50k then display a form level notification to the user stating not to create any more Orders for this customer.
This is a sensitive requirement for the customer & so the query to find the sum of outstanding Invoices needs to be run in real-time, which is the default for North52 formulas..
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- We create a formula of type 'ClientSide - Perform Action' for the Account entity
- This formula will be executed for the OnLoad event of the form & for the OnChange event of the Category field.
- The formula itself will run a query against the Invoice entity to Sum all the oustanding Invoices for the current customer.
- If the value exceeds 50k then a Form Level Notification will be shown to the end user.
N52 Formula Manager Steps
- Create a new formula of type 'ClientSide - Perform Action'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Account'
- Set the Source Property to 'OnLoad & Category' for the desired form and\or forms. (Use the Ctrl key to multi-select)
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula description field & click save
- Next click N52 Commands on the command bar & choose the 'Publish Formula' menu option.
- You are ready to test
if( ([account.accountcategorycode] = 2 and FindSum('invoice', 'customerid', [account.accountid], 'totalamount','0',true) > 50000), SetFormNotification(This standard customer is over the 50k invoice limit. DO NOT CREATE ANY ORDERS !!!, WARNING, msg1), ClearFormNotification(msg1) )
Wizard - FindSum
Did you know?
TestShield Makes Test Automation a First Class Citizen in Dynamics 365
Test automation principles leads to improved communication, reliability and teamwork as you enhance the ever changing business processes. The team members need to roll out change requests on the existing system and build new applications making automated testing very important.Top 3 Benefits of Dynamics 365 Automated Testing:
- Validated Business Processes: Dynamics 365 Automated Testing provides a robust approach to validate the business rules and process requirements of Dynamics 365 solutions
- Better Engagement: Dynamics 365 Automated Testing ensures that end users get top-class user experience
- Faster Delivery Time: Dynamics 365 Automated Testing assures fast delivery time by leveraging automation
The growing number of Dynamics applications that are being developed continuously presents a major challenge for Dynamics 365 testing. With such fast development, organizations need to ensure that these applications are thoroughly and constantly tested before being deployed.
Learn how TestShield helps automate testing in your Dynamics 365 projects