In this business scenario you have a requirement that whenever a user opens an Account record or a user changes the category of a customer that you check the value of outstanding Invoices for that customer. And if the value is more than 50k then display a form level notification to the user stating not to create any more Orders for this customer.
This is a sensitive requirement for the customer & so the query to find the sum of outstanding Invoices needs to be run in real-time, which is the default for North52 formulas..
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- We create a formula of type 'ClientSide - Perform Action' for the Account entity
- This formula will be executed for the OnLoad event of the form & for the OnChange event of the Category field.
- The formula itself will run a query against the Invoice entity to Sum all the oustanding Invoices for the current customer.
- If the value exceeds 50k then a Form Level Notification will be shown to the end user.
N52 Formula Manager Steps
- Create a new formula of type 'ClientSide - Perform Action'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Account'
- Set the Source Property to 'OnLoad & Category' for the desired form and\or forms. (Use the Ctrl key to multi-select)
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula description field & click save
- Next click N52 Commands on the command bar & choose the 'Publish Formula' menu option.
- You are ready to test
if( ([account.accountcategorycode] = 2 and FindSum('invoice', 'customerid', [account.accountid], 'totalamount','0',true) > 50000), SetFormNotification(This standard customer is over the 50k invoice limit. DO NOT CREATE ANY ORDERS !!!, WARNING, msg1), ClearFormNotification(msg1) )
Wizard - FindSum
Did you know?
North52 Quick Tiles can be displayed on Dynamics Portals Entity Forms
That's right, you can display information via North52 Quick Tiles on an Entity Form. Display things like:
- Number of cases remaining
- Current support repsonse time
- Remaining credits
- Outstand balance
- And much more...
Configure your rules/decision logic using North52 Decision Tables. You can have one, two, three…or ten tiles - you choose!
Learn more about North52 Quick Tiles for Portals