In this business scenario when a user converts an Email to a Case you need to ensure that the description field (Body) from the Email is copied across without formatting to the newly created Case.
This formula can be easily extended for 'Email to Lead' & 'Email to Opportunity'
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this,
- We create a formula of type 'Save - Perform Action' for the Email entity
- This formula will be executed Server Side only when the Regarding Object ID field on the Email record is updated *
- It will check to see if the related Regarding Object is of type Case (i.e. incident)
- And if true it will update the description on the Case record with that of the Email description less any formatting.
*Note 1 : When a user clicks the 'Email to Case' menu option the CRM platform behind the scenes creates the Case record & then updates the Regarding ID field on the Email record with a reference to the newly created case. You can verify all of this by looking at the audit trail for the Email record.
North52 Decision Suite Steps
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - Perform Action'
- Set the Mode to 'Server Side'
- Set the Event to 'Update'
- Set the Source entity to Email
- Set the Source Property to 'Regarding'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula description field & click save
- You are ready to test, by creating an email & then clicking the 'Convert To Case' menu option on the Email entity
if([email.regardingobjectidtype] = 'incident', UpdateRecord('incident', [email.regardingobjectid], SetAttribute('description', StripHtml([email.description])) ), 'NoOp')
Wizard - StripHtml
Please see below the wizard you can use to create the StripHtml() function call used in this formula.
Note that for this Input String , you will need to expand Source and click on Description.
Did you know?
North52's Data Packager helps move Portal configuration data between instances
North52 Data Packager can be used to easily manage the transport of portal data from one instance to another. Specifically for Dynamics/PowerApps Portals, we provide templates that let you quickly move all portal entity data with ease. You can move whole sites or only the records you specify, either manually or via FetchXML queries.
And, because we use the Solution framework for the export and import of Data Packager data, you can easily version each data package. This is especially useful if you need to build up a new dev/test portal to a specific version – just apply and execute the Data Packages you need.