This business requirement sees a custom field on the Lead entity called 'Last Note Entered' which is a datetime field. This field is to be populated with the current datetime whenever a new note is created or updated on the Lead entity.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- We create a formula of type 'Save - To Parent' for the Note entity
- This formula will be executed whenever a Note record is created or updated
- It will check if the related object is of type 'Lead'
- And if true will place the current datetime into the 'Last Note Entered' field on the Lead record.
N52 Formula Manager Steps
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - To Parent'
- Set the Mode to 'Server Side'
- Set the Event to 'Create & Update'
- Set the Source Entity field to 'Note'
- Set the Relationship field to 'objectid (lead)'
- Set the Target Property to 'Last Note Entered'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula description field & click save
- You are ready to test
if([annotation.objectidtype] = 'lead', UtcDateTime(), 'NoOp')
Did you know?
North52 Decision Suite helps organizations in all Industries
The North52 Decision Suite allows organizations to manage and automate the many decisions found in your processes. North52 helps:
- Automate costly and repetitive decisions
- Monitor and improve the quality of decisions
- Ensure consistency
- Enable fast response to change
All organizations in all industries can benefit from software that automate decisions related to risk, compliance, and configuration.