This business requirement sees a custom field on the Lead entity called 'Last Note Entered' which is a datetime field. This field is to be populated with the current datetime whenever a new note is created or updated on the Lead entity.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- We create a formula of type 'Save - To Parent' for the Note entity
- This formula will be executed whenever a Note record is created or updated
- It will check if the related object is of type 'Lead'
- And if true will place the current datetime into the 'Last Note Entered' field on the Lead record.
N52 Formula Manager Steps
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - To Parent'
- Set the Mode to 'Server Side'
- Set the Event to 'Create & Update'
- Set the Source Entity field to 'Note'
- Set the Relationship field to 'objectid (lead)'
- Set the Target Property to 'Last Note Entered'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula description field & click save
- You are ready to test
if([annotation.objectidtype] = 'lead', UtcDateTime(), 'NoOp')
Did you know?
North52 has a powerful distributed cache for advanced decision logic
xCache allows you to configure and scale your Dynamics 365/CRM applications running On-Premise or Online. It allows dynamic system configuration and removes performance bottlenecks related to data storage. xCache provides Dynamics 365/CRM with an extremely fast and scalable distributed cache to power your advanced decision logic.
xCache in Dynamics CRM lets you cache static application data, and also load dynamic cache items for applications running in a single or multi-server configuration.