In this business scenario you have a requirement to copy the field 'Standard Cost' from the product entity record on to the 'Quote Product' record whenever the 'Quote Product' is created. This is primarily used for historical reporting purposes where a business user needs to compare the standard cost at that point in time with the Price Per Unit on the actual Quote Product.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this,
- We create a formula of type 'Save - To Current Record' for the 'Quote Product' entity
- The formula will only execute when the record gets created
- It will lookup the 'Standard Cost' field on the product entity using the FindValue() function
- It will place the result into a custom field on the 'Quote Product' called 'Standard Cost'
N52 Formula Manager Steps
- Create a custom field called 'Standard Cost' on the Quote Product entity
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - To Current Record'
- Set the Mode to 'Server Side'
- Set the Event to 'Create'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Quote Product'
- Set the Target Property to 'Standard Cost'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula description field & click save
- You are ready to test
if(ContainsData([quotedetail.productid]), FindValue('product', 'productid',[quotedetail.productid],'standardcost'), 'NoOp')
Wizard - FindValue
Please see below the wizard you can use to create the FindValue() function call used in this formula.
Note 1: Equals Value, you will need to go the Explore Tab > Entites > Quote Product > existing product. (value).
Wizard - ContainsData
Please see below the wizard you can use to create the ContainsData() function call used in this formula.
Note 1:The Fields you will need to go the Explore Tab > Entities > Quote Product > existing product (value).
Did you know?
North52 provides Automated Testing for Dynamics 365
TestShield® is a unique solution that helps you automatically test your End to End Dynamics 365/CRM and Power Automate processes. It is built on the proven and robust North52 Business Process Activities rules engine and offers the ability to repetitively test and report on your key business processes.
TestShield's key features:
- Fully integrated with Dynamics 365
- Easy to use by BA's, Testers, and Developers
- Advanced test data generation and management
- Codeless advanced testing reduces test creation time
- Test and validate across all layers with a single test