In this scenario you wish to execute a workflow only if it is a working day. This can be combined with the Scheduler functionality to automate routine operations but only if the current day is a working day. Note that the 'working day' functions in North52 Business Process Activities use the Business Closures calender within Settings > Business Management.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this:
- We create a formula of type 'Process Genie' so that it can be called from a workflow
- A workflow is created that checks whether today is a working day (using the Business Closures calendar in CRM)
- If it returns “True” then carry on with the rest of the workflow logic or cancel if it not a working day (false)
N52 Formula Manager Steps
The following set of steps will set this formula up:
The following set of steps will set the workflow up:
- Create a new formula of type 'Process Genie'
- Set the Source Entity to the same as your process (it can actually be any entity but selecting the same as the process keeps things consistent)
- Set the Display Format to be Boolean
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula description field
- Click Save
- Make a note of the formula short code in the top right hand corner of the formula form
- Create a new workflow or edit an existing one (see example below)
- Add the custom workflow activity step named 'North52 Process Genie'
- In the properties set the Formula Short Code from the formula you created above
- Add a condition to check if the next working day is True
- Add your additional workflow logic to the ‘If’ branch
- You are ready now to test
Wizard - IsWorkingDay
Please see below the wizard you can use to create the IsWorkingDay() function call used in this formula.