In this scenario you wish to execute a workflow only if it is a working day. This can be combined with the Scheduler functionality to automate routine operations but only if the current day is a working day. Note that the 'working day' functions in North52 Business Process Activities use the Business Closures calender within Settings > Business Management.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this:
- We create a formula of type 'Process Genie' so that it can be called from a workflow
- A workflow is created that checks whether today is a working day (using the Business Closures calendar in CRM)
- If it returns “True” then carry on with the rest of the workflow logic or cancel if it not a working day (false)
North52 Decision Suite Steps
The following set of steps will set this formula up:
The following set of steps will set the workflow up:
- Create a new formula of type 'Process Genie'
- Set the Source Entity to the same as your process (it can actually be any entity but selecting the same as the process keeps things consistent)
- Set the Display Format to be Boolean
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula description field
- Click Save
- Make a note of the formula short code in the top right hand corner of the formula form
- Create a new workflow or edit an existing one (see example below)
- Add the custom workflow activity step named 'North52 Process Genie'
- In the properties set the Formula Short Code from the formula you created above
- Add a condition to check if the next working day is True
- Add your additional workflow logic to the ‘If’ branch
- You are ready now to test
Wizard - IsWorkingDay
Please see below the wizard you can use to create the IsWorkingDay() function call used in this formula.
Did you know?
North52 helps you automatically test Dynamics 365 projects
North52's TestShield helps you test Dynamics 365 projects:
- FASTER - Our no code solution delivers automated CRM project testing faster
- EASIER - Simple to use point-and-click interface to build simple or complex testing plans
- SMARTER - Lower your project risk and slash ongoing costs with automated process testing
Learn more about TestShield