In this scenario you wish to execute a workflow only if it is a working day. This can be combined with the Scheduler functionality to automate routine operations but only if the current day is a working day. Note that the 'working day' functions in North52 Business Process Activities use the Business Closures calender within Settings > Business Management.
N52 Formula Manager Solution
The Formula Manager solution works like this:
- We create a formula of type 'Process Genie' so that it can be called from a workflow
- A workflow is created that checks whether today is a working day (using the Business Closures calendar in CRM)
- If it returns “True” then carry on with the rest of the workflow logic or cancel if it not a working day (false)
N52 Formula Manager Steps
The following set of steps will set this formula up:
The following set of steps will set the workflow up:
- Create a new formula of type 'Process Genie'
- Set the Source Entity to the same as your process (it can actually be any entity but selecting the same as the process keeps things consistent)
- Set the Display Format to be Boolean
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula description field
- Click Save
- Make a note of the formula short code in the top right hand corner of the formula form
- Create a new workflow or edit an existing one (see example below)
- Add the custom workflow activity step named 'North52 Process Genie'
- In the properties set the Formula Short Code from the formula you created above
- Add a condition to check if the next working day is True
- Add your additional workflow logic to the ‘If’ branch
- You are ready now to test
Wizard - IsWorkingDay
Please see below the wizard you can use to create the IsWorkingDay() function call used in this formula.
Did you know?
You can easily schedule recurring processes or CRM record updates
Every business has recurring processes and tasks that need to be done on repeatable and scheduled basis. Microsoft Dynamics 365 users are often surprised to learn that it is difficult to achieve using standard functionality. The North52 Scheduler makes it easy to trigger workflows and/or advanced business logic for specific entity records on a scheduled basis.
Key features include:
- Create Recurring Schedules within Dynamics CRM
- Powerful Record Targeting - easily create queries to target a specific set of records
- High Performance - can process 100,000+ records on a scheduled basis
- Execute Workflow/Action or Update Entities
- Native to Dynamics 365
Learn more about the Scheduler