In this scenario you are using the out of the box Phone Call entity and you have a business requirement that when a user opens a b record that you populate the 'Actual Start' date with the current date & time. This needs to happen in real-time with no user interaction.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this,
- We create a formula that can hook into the 'OnLoad' event for a form belong to the Phone Call entity
- So when the user opens the form the formula will execute
- If the Phone Call Status is set to 'Open' it will set the 'Actual Start' field on the form to the current datetime
North52 Decision Suite Steps
The following set of steps will set this formula up for you.
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - to Current Record'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Phone Call'
- Set the Mode field to 'Client Side'
- Set the Source Property field to 'OnLoad' for the desired form
- Set the Target Property to 'Actual Start'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula description field
- Click Save
- Click 'N52 Commands' in the command bar & then choose the 'Publish Formula' item
- Ready to test.
if([phonecall.statuscode] = 1, SetClientSideDate(LocalDateTime()), 'NoOp')
Did you know?
North52 helps Insurance Providers manage complex rules in their Dynamics 365 systems
The North52 Decision Suite helps insurance professionals manage the thousands of rules that form insurance approval, rate and commission calculations. Our easy to use, point and click interface allows for quick updating of rules by knowledgeable insurance analysts without programming experience. We assist in processes such as:
- Task checklists
- Quote calculations
- Product configuration
- Claims handling