In this scenario you are using the out of the box Phone Call entity and you have a business requirement that when a user opens a b record that you populate the 'Actual Start' date with the current date & time. This needs to happen in real-time with no user interaction.
North52 Decision Suite Solution
The North52 Decision Suite solution works like this,
- We create a formula that can hook into the 'OnLoad' event for a form belong to the Phone Call entity
- So when the user opens the form the formula will execute
- If the Phone Call Status is set to 'Open' it will set the 'Actual Start' field on the form to the current datetime
North52 Decision Suite Steps
The following set of steps will set this formula up for you.
- Create a new formula of type 'Save - to Current Record'
- Set the Source Entity to 'Phone Call'
- Set the Mode field to 'Client Side'
- Set the Source Property field to 'OnLoad' for the desired form
- Set the Target Property to 'Actual Start'
- Copy & paste the formula below into the formula description field
- Click Save
- Click 'N52 Commands' in the command bar & then choose the 'Publish Formula' item
- Ready to test.
if([phonecall.statuscode] = 1, SetClientSideDate(LocalDateTime()), 'NoOp')
Did you know?
Decision Tables Simplify Complex Logic
Decsion Tables allow you manage complex business logic without code. Key features include:
- Simple visualization in a compact table format
- Promotes grouping of rules in a single table
- Business logic can be controlled by domain experts
A Decision Table represents multiple related business rules by using conditions, actions and data values in a spreadsheet-style table. The Decision Table uses columns for the conditions and actions of the rules and rows to represent the associated data values.